hordeuni27

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ogame forum for The HORDE in uni 27

Activity - How What Why When

Activity - How What Why When Empty Activity - How What Why When

Post  Guest Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:58 pm

This is for those who dont know, for those that need to know and for those that need reminding. Great for newbies who wana know if they should attack someone, great for knowing how to remain silent for a ninja, and great to just know your stuff. Enjoy.

Activity (*) Explanation

In this FAQ I try to explain the appearance of the activity asterisk in the galaxy view. In previous updates the circumstances under which the asterisk appears has been changed around quite a bit so it is a bit confusing.

I take no responsibilty for the correctness of the points covered here. Also note that the fleet events that trigger activity are yet not 100% clear. Edit, same again for the update, whilst i have checked, some information may not be accurate with the v 0.80 update ~ Son Goku

Credits go to Francolino from the German Game Technics team (http://board.ogame.de/profile.php?userid=220361) thanks to whose work - he spent a LOT of time on this - (http://board.ogame.de/thread.php?threadid=566526) I was able to write this explanation.

Rule I: The exceptions.

Following links are not subject to creating activity:

* Overview
    * Switching Planets
    * Board
    * Help
    * Logout
    * Rules
    * Legal Notice

Rule II: The dangers of inactivity.

If you are 15 minutes or more inactive and then click a link in your account that is not listed under Rule I the selected planet/moon will show the activity asterisk (*).

Rule III: Changing of resources.

* Once you spent resources or retrieve them by canceling a building process (building, research, fleet, defense) your next click will create activity at the current planet.
    * Be aware that also purchasing Dark matter or spending it involves a change of resources amd thus creates activity.
    * Also when you start or cancel a building process in the Empire view the next click will create activity.
    * Finally trading resources at the merchant changes your amount of resources and thus will create activity on the next click.

Rule IV: Unit created.

Once a ship, defense structure, building or research is done your next click will create activity at the current planet. A special case is: When you got commander and a building finishes the asterisk will automatically appear because commander refreshes your page.

Rule V: Resource Screen.

Once you access the Resources screen activity is created as well as when you hit the calculate button in that menu.

Rule VI: Merchant.

After you got a new merchant the next click will create activity. Also when exchanging resources using a merchant as stated with Rule III the next click will create activity.

Rule VII: Fleet menu and Fleets.

Fleet Event (A -> B)

* Start of flight - * at A
    * Arrival at B - * at B
    * Return to A - * at B
    * Recall from A - * at A
    * IPM land - * at B

Rule VIII: Alliance menu & changing settings

Once you went into the alliance menu or changed settings of your account the next click will create activity.

Rule IX: Empire view.

In the Empire view when you double click on the planet/moon you are currently on the next click will create activity.
    Every click or double click on another planet/moon will create activity.

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:21 pm