hordeuni27

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ogame forum for The HORDE in uni 27

Galaxy picture

Galaxy picture Empty Galaxy picture

Post  Guest Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:36 am

So I'm posting the galaxy picture here instead of in the gaming thread so that I dont make the gaming thread about my stupid photoshop pictures! xD

So here it is, I don't know how to make a good thumbnail for it from tinypic and I had to upload it at tinypic cause it's too big to upload at most image hosting sites.

https://2img.net/h/oi40.tinypic.com/jry7b8.jpg (Warning picture is 2800x2800 so may take a while to open if you have a slow internet connection)

I'm not sure if I'm done yet, it feels kind of empty at the core but I dont know what to add. The core itself it quite nice but it's kind of dull.

EDIT: I just realized that I fucked up some of the stars, I might fix that later.

Galaxy picture Empty Re: Galaxy picture

Post  Guest Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:50 am

Well looks really nice to me, and i didnt see anything wrong with the stars

Post  Guest Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:53 am

The stars northwest of the galaxy, I must've forgotten to distort the stars layer at the same time as I distorted all the galaxy layers. Wich resulted in some stars being more visible. Looks really bad when you look at the full size image. The stars are only meant to look that bright IN the galaxy, since the stars in the background are alot further away.

But thanks for your nice comment! Smile

Post  Guest Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:57 am

This is another picture I've been working on for a while, it's not yet finished though.

Galaxy picture 43610989at5.th

Post  Guest Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:18 am

2nd one is better, add some ships maybe? Would make a great sig (Would be tricky to add ships though).

I like the effect you used to create the galaxy, instead of using dots, more friendlier to the eye and better looking.

Post  Guest Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:35 am

I thought of adding ships to the picture, there's no problem in adding them. The problem is the colors. If I would take a premade ship from any picture it would be hard to recolorize them without doing it with an overlay - with an overlay the ship would be colored as I define the background. But how can I colorize a ship correctly aswell getting it to work with the rest of the picture? And since I'm fairly new to photoshop I don't really know how to airbrush good, otherwise I could have colored them with airbrushes.

If anyone knows how to add good colors to already made pictures (the ship that is) please tell me Razz

Then there's another option, to make my own ship. But that would take AGES. I dont think I have the time or patience to make my own ships just yet.

Also if anyone finds or know a good ship vector send me a PM Razz (I'm thinking more of a cruiser instead of a small fighter)

And I'm currently working on another space enivorment picture wich is going to be much alike the last one but with some asteroids and a small galaxy far off in the background (not the same quality as the 2800x2800 but still).

Post  Guest Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:49 am

Just use what you think is suitable and smudge it enough, then air brush it up a little...

I always smudge then sharpen when the whole image is done.
    (So that it feels more of your own work, based on the structure of others)
    gossamer
    gossamer

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post  gossamer Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:02 am

i don't play photo shop but i like pivot i can e=mail you some videos i made if any1s interested

Post  Guest Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:29 am

mmm.. yes helly i do agree with you, the middle if the first one needs somthing... mabye like a marble red?

Post  Guest Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:02 pm

Now I have another project to make first, then I'll revisit these pictures. Had nothing to do and was too tired to get into details earlier today so I made this instead of improving the pictures I already have xDD

Galaxy picture 63078073xm7.th

Very basic, no fancy stuff. Still kind of good looking except for that comet (LOL wtf was I thinking? xDD). I will remove it if I continue with that sun Razz

Post  Guest Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:16 pm

haha i love how you share whats in you head man.. thats great..

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 pm